- Visitors of our website.
Specific aspects of information usage, collection and storage are provided hereinabove.
1. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
- We carefully assess and analyse the different types of information we need, in order to provide our Services to you. We try our level best to ensure that we limit the information we collect from you to only what is absolutely required in furtherance of the Services to be provided by us. Where possible, we delete or anonymize this information when we no longer need it. When building and improving our products, our engineers work closely with our privacy and security teams to build with privacy in mind. In all of this work our guiding principle is that your information belongs to you, and we aim to only use your information to your benefit.
- The following information may be collected or received:
- Direct sharing of personal information. Information containing names and addresses which are shared while subscribing to services by the User.
- Automatically collecting information each time, the website and/or mobile application is visited and used by the User. This includes technical information, information about User visit, and User location data.
- Location data: Information relating to User real time location might be collected to fulfil certain aspects of our services or to enable 3rd Party Partners to fulfil their obligations. This is done solely to provide location services where requested or agreed to in order to deliver content and services that are dependent on knowing where you are, in order to meet Services-related requirements. Please note that we only collect your live location on the Website if specifically allowed in your setting that such real time location be shared as “always collect” for your location. Id such a setting is not selected then we will not collect your live location unless you are accessing the Website or availing our services. This information is collected in combination with an identifier associated with your device to enable us to recognise your mobile browser or device when you return to the Website. You may turn off location access using your device or not provide us your location, however, please note that without the ability to collect your location we might not be able to provide you certain Services.
- Device information: The devices used (mobile phones, computers, tablets, etc.) to access Website services such as the hardware models, operation system information, software information and version, file names, language preferences, IP address cookie information, advertising identifiers, browser version, device settings, and mobile network information. The Website may recognise Users devices to provide the User with personalised experiences and advertising across the services available. Please refer to Website policy on ‘Cookies and other technologies’ for more information on how the Website uses User device information.
- Other than User locations and device information: Website does not link this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information
- Information received from other sources.
- If there is use of any of the other websites or apps we operate or other services provided by us.
- From third parties through whom the User is able to access or register for the services (e.g. where you are able to log in with a Google or Facebook account).
- From third parties that that are closely worked with.
- In case Website receives or collects any such data as abovementioned, the User will be informed when such data is being collected and if such data is intended to be shared internally and/or combined with data automatically collected on this site. The purpose of such usage shall also be intimated to the User.
- The Website works closely with third parties (including but not limited to, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers). User will be notified when and if the Website receives information about the User from such third parties and the purposes for which Website intends to use that information.
- Depending on the nature of dealings with User and/or the services provided, the Website may collect other types of personal data from third parties, including:
- personal data relating to any complaints you make or are made about you, including recording of any calls in that regard;
- personal data collected and held via financial or payment systems about the payment mechanism or method that you might use (including credit card details) and the payments you may make for our services or any services procured or booked using Website services;
- personal data collected by third-party marketing, survey and advertising service providers;
- personal data provided to any partners through which User creates or accesses their account for the services, such as employee information provided to companies engaging in our corporate or other services, payment providers, social media services, on-demand media or services integrated with our services, or other websites (such as search engines) with which our services have been integrated;
- personal data which is accessible from User use of online sites or applications in which the Website has an interest (such as messages for the purposes of issuing and receiving one-time passwords and other device verification) and device-related or device-generated personal data. The latter might include User device details, device IDs, your location, network connections, network access and communication and session data. Location data may also be collected or derived from IP addresses, mobile numbers and network information.
2. LAWFUL BASIS
- Contractual Obligations. Performance of Contract means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
- Legal Obligations. Comply with a legal obligation means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation that we are subject to.
3. USAGE OF INFORMATION
- Information collected by this Website will help informing the design and implementation of Website. The Website may also use information provided by the User to operate and improve the functionality of the website. Apart from this, information collected/provided will be used to take steps in order to enter into any contract or carry out service obligations arising from any contract entered into between User and us;
- Administering User account within the site;
- Verification of any financial transactions being carried out in relation to payments made through the Website.
- Providing information about available goods and services which interests Users for modifying:
- Manner of presentation of the Contents from the Website in the most effective way.
- Provide information, products and services that are requested from us.
- Information collected by User from use of Website Services: Website will use information for their legitimate interests, where considered to not be overriding User rights:
- To administer the Services and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To keep the Services safe and secure.
- For measuring or understanding the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- To improve the Services to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- User Information received from other sources: Website will combine such information with information given by the User and information collected about User for their legitimate interests (where considered that these are not overridden by User rights). Such information along with the combined information shall be used for the purposes as mentioned above.
4. PROMOTIONAL UPDATES AND COMMUNICATIONS
- Website will share promotional updates and communications with User consent or, where applicable, in legitimate interest. Where permitted in legitimate interest, Website will use User personal information for marketing analysis and to provide the User with promotional update communications by email, telephone, text messages, in-application messages and/or push messages about new products and/or services. Website may also share user personal information with third-party social media and other partner platforms in order to provide you with promotional update communications.
- The User can object to further marketing at any time through their profile settings or by selecting the "unsubscribe" link at the end of all our marketing and promotional update communications.
- Authenticating users
- Remembering user preferences and settings
- Determining the popularity of content;
- Delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns;
- Analysing Website traffic and trends, and generally understanding the online behaviours and interests of people who interact with our services.
6. SHARING OF INFORMATION
- We may share your information with certain third parties as set forth below:
- Authorized third-party vendors and service providers. The information shared on this Website may be shared with third-party vendors and service providers who support this website, such as by providing technical infrastructure services, business analytics, and data processing who process User personal data on behalf of the Website and in accordance with the applicable Data Protection laws. This includes in supporting the services offered through the Website for: data hosting services, providing fulfilment services, distributing and communication being sent, supporting or updating marketing lists, facilitating feedback on services and providing IT support services from time to time.
- Partners. The information may also be shared with the entities that make up the Service Providers (“Partners”). For more information about our Partners, look at the “3rd Party Partners” tab.
- Any member of the group, which mean and include subsidiaries, ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, who support the processing of personal data under this policy.
- Legal and safety: Disclosure of information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims or government inquiries, detect fraud, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, safety, and security of the website, its affiliates, owner, users, or the public at large. Apart from this, if bound under any additional duty to disclose or share User personal data in order to comply with legal obligations or in compulsion of law.
- Business transfers: Sharing of information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of a website, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy that may have already been entered into or will enter into future agreements.
- With your consent: Sharing of information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information and pursuant to your consent for the furtherance of any service being rendered on the website. For instance, if you request for services as a customer, then we will share only such personal information to facilitate and complete the services.
- Any access to third-party services, such as Facebook, Google, or Twitter etc, is done through the Website to share information about your experience on the Website with others; these services are outside the control of Us. These third-party services may be able to collect information about you, including information about your activity on the Website, and they may notify your connections on the third-party services about your use of the Website, in accordance with their respective privacy policies.
- User Information may also be shared with carefully selected partners who may be specifically of interest to the User to fulfil their requirements. These companies may contact the User by post, email, telephone or fax for marketing or promotional purposes.
7. LEGAL OBLIGATIONS FOR PROCESSING INFORMATION
- Website relies on a variety of legal bases to process data, including:
- as necessary to fulfil website Terms of Service;
- consistent with User consent, which the User can revoke at any time;
- as necessary to comply with legal obligations;
- to protect Users vital interests, or those of others;
- as necessary in the public interest; and
- as necessary for Website (or others’) legitimate interests, including any interests in providing an innovative personalized, safe and profitable service to User and/or it’s partners, unless those interests are overridden by User interests or fundamental rights or freedoms that require protection of personal data.
- Consent to these terms may be withdrawn at any time. Such withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- Under applicable laws, User has the:
- Right to access, rectify, port, and erase the information collected by the website,
- Right to restrict and object to certain processing of User information.
- Right to withdraw consent- where the processing of User personal information by Website is based on consent, User has the right to withdraw without detriment at any time.
- Right to object to and restrict certain processing of data which includes- the right to object to processing of their data for direct marketing, which you can exercise by contacting email@example.com
- Right to object to processing of their data whereShopConnect] is performing a task in the public interest or pursuing their own legitimate interests or those of a third party, and
- Right to opt out at any time from allowing further access to User personal information and apply to delete the personal information restored with Website.
- User may delete their information at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
All information collected by the Website such as information from cookies and information collected with consent under this Policy shall be deleted.
8. STORAGE OF INFORMATION
- Data Storage: User acknowledges and agrees that all information, content and data entered into the Website and/or application will be securely stored by the Website at designated data centres using AWS (Amazon Web Services) in accordance with and all other applicable laws. We shall use physical and technical security measures to protect User data, including, but not limited to, encrypted data connections to designated data centres, encrypted data storage, firewalls, and electronic surveillance of designated data centres.
- Security Disclosure: The security of User Personal Information is important to us, however User understands that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
9. DATA RETENTION
- The Website shall retain the personal data for
- as long as user has an account on the Website in order to meet contractual obligations to the User;
- for a period of 3 (three) months after termination of services or closure of account by User in order to identify any issues and resolve any legal proceedings. The information can be retained for other legal or regulatory requirements.
- The Website shall return the available data in lump sum to the User upon closure of Account within 3 (three) months of such closure.
- We may also retain information beyond this time for research purposes and to help us develop and improve our services with prior permission and intimation.
- The Website generally retains information until it is no longer necessary to serve the purposes for which it was collected. Following criteria laid down in Clause 5 shall be applied differently depending on case-by-case determination on components like the nature of the data, why it is collected and processed and relevant legal or operational retention needs.
10. DATA TRANSFERS
- ShopConnect is an Indian company, but we work with and process data about individuals across the world. To operate our business and provide the requisite Services to our Merchants, Customers and/or Visitors of the website, we may send personal information outside of your state, province, or country. This data may be subject to the laws of the countries where we send it. When we send your information across borders, we take steps to protect your information, and we try to only send your information to countries that have strong data protection laws.
- Transfers outside of Europe. If you are in Europe, your personal information is controlled by ShopConnect who may be located in other regions. When we send your personal information outside of Europe, we do so in accordance with European law. When we send your personal information to India, it is protected under Indian law, this information is protected by contractual commitments that are comparable to those provided in Standard Contractual Clauses. Finally, while we do what we can to protect your information, we may at times be legally required to disclose your personal information (for example, if we receive a valid court order). For information about how we respond to such orders, please review our Government Access Policy.
11. CHANGES TO THE POLICY
12. CONTACT INFORMATION
- The data controller responsible for your information can be reached on: email@example.com
- The Information we collect is securely stored within our databases, and we use standard, industry-wide, commercially reasonable security practices such as encryption, firewalls and SSL (Secure Socket Layers) for protecting your information. However, as effective as encryption technology is, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won't be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet or wireless communication, and any information you transmit to the ShopConnect you do at your own risk.
14. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
- Request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing. The objects of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (i) If you want us to establish the data's accuracy; (ii) Where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (iii) Where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; (iv) You have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdrawal of Consent. Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.